- Build your family tree on-the go.
- Use record hints to learn more about your family.
- See how you are related to other FamilySearch users.
- Discover more about yourself and your family with fun activities.
Download the Family Tree App:
- Record family events and important memories wherever you are.
- Save old family photos and attach them to people on your family tree.
- Gather recipes, journals, and other family records all in one place.
- Add audio to your photos.
Download the Memories App:
How to Access the Apps
- iOS/Apple Phones or Tablets: Both apps are available on Apple devices, such as the iPhone and iPad. Click here to download the Family Tree app and here to download the Memories app through the App Store.
- Android Phones or Tablets: You can also access both apps through Android devices, such as the Samsung Galaxy or the Google Pixel. Click here to download the Family Tree app and here to download the Memories app through Google Play.
- Chromebook: If you work with Chromebooks that use Google Play, you can also access the apps on your Chromebook. Click here to download the Family Tree app and here to download the Memories app through Google Play.
- Kindle or Amazon Fire Tablets: To use the FamilySearch apps on a Kindle or Amazon Fire tablet, you first need to download the Google Play app. Click here to learn how to download the Google Play app. Once Google Play is installed, you can download the Family Tree app and the Memories app through Google Play.
The Family Tree and Memories apps are great tools to get five minutes of family history in while you’re waiting at the doctor’s office or waiting for dinner to bake. They allow you to do almost anything you can do on FamilySearch.org, all on your phone or mobile device.
The FamilySearch apps also have some extra features that can be fun to do with a youth group or to gain more familiarity with your ancestors. Learn more about some of these tools and how to use them here:
Cool Features on the Family Tree App
Read about some of the top features on the Family Tree app and how to use them.
See Your Ancestors on an Interactive Map
Learn how you can map your ancestors’ life events with the map feature on the Family Tree app.
Add Facebook and Instagram Photos to FamilySearch
Import your family pictures from Instagram, Facebook, and Google Photos directly to FamilySearch.
See How You Are Related to People around You
Have you ever wondered who you’re related to in a crowd of people? Relatives Around Me can tell you.