Want some ideas on how to engage Church members in family history and temple work? You can find these ideas in a series of webinars for family history consultants that explores new tools and techniques for helping members. You can also download the presentation slides and handouts for each webinar.
You can view recordings of past consultant webinars by clicking the Consultant Webinars link on the Family History Callings page at LDS.org. Click the following links to see recordings of past consultant webinars:
- Descendancy Research: Finding the Past in the Present
- Igniting Interest through Stories
- Engaging Members with Free Partner Access
- New Tools for Finding Our Cousins
Family History Library Live Online Classes
The Family History Library offers live online classes that teach about family history records and research techniques in various geographic areas. Classes on Hispanic research topics are taught in Spanish, with occasional courses taught in English.
The class schedule is listed in the “Family History Library” article in the FamilySearch Research Wiki, under the heading “Live Online Class Schedule.” These online classes are also announced in FamilySearch blog articles about two weeks before each new class. The blog articles include links to enable you to attend the classes.
Here is a list of upcoming Family History Library online classes through the end of 2014. (All times are mountain time.)
- October 9 7:00 p.m. Danish Church Records: Finding Ancestors through Witnesses
- October 11 11:15 a.m. United States Military Records
- October 18 1:00 p.m. Corrigiendo parentescos en al Árbol Familiar
- October 21 7:00 p.m. Extracting Information from German Records
- October 22 7:00 p.m. Exploring Norwegian Parish Registers
- November 1 1:00pm Recursos en línea además de FamilySearch
- November 6 7:00pm Using the Danish Demographical Database: Finding Censuses
- November 13 6:00 p.m. United States Naturalization Records
- November 15 1:00 p.m. ¿Mis antepasados vinieron de…
- November 15 3:00 p.m. Reading Spanish Handwriting (for English speakers)
No classes in December
Archived Blog Articles and Newsletters
The most recent posting in the Family History Consultant Blog and the current edition of the My Family History Calling newsletter are available to you in the Family History Callings section of LDS.org. You can also access archived past postings of the blog and newsletter.