There are over 500 FamilySearch affiliate libraries worldwide today. These affiliates help FamilySearch create broader access to historical record collections, more personalized patron assistance locally, and more personal family history discovery experiences. And what’s more, it’s free to be an affiliate!
- Access to the FamilySearch website resources, which remain FREE.
- Patron access to restricted historical record image collections.
- A monthly e-newsletter detailing what’s new at FamilySearch.org, including the latest tips and tricks for reference helpers.
- Special offers to products and services that may be of interest.
FamilySearch Affiliate Requirements
- At least one web-enabled computer workstation in a public area for patron access to FamilySearch.org (Note: This computer does not need to be a dedicated workstation for FamilySearch use only).
- A static IP address for the library and contact information for the person who will provide it.
- Ability to monitor usage of designated FamilySearch computers.
- A prominent link on the designated computer or library’s desktop menu to access FamilySearch.org. The link should be FamilySearch’s approved logo.
- A posted, visible certificate designating your library as a FamilySearch affiliate.
How to Apply
- Simply sign and return the FamilySearch Affiliate Library Agreement, which you can request by emailing support@familysearch.
- Include the static IP address for the library and IT support person’s contact information.
- If you have additional questions, email email@example.com and put “Affiliate Libraries” as the subject.
Frequently Asked Questions
Check out our FamilySearch Frequently Asked Questions for additional information.