During the month of August, the Family History Library will be hosting a number of free online family history classes and webinars. These classes and webinars are designed to help individuals and families find their ancestors and teach important family history techniques. They are free to the public. Information about specific classes is listed below, as well as information on how to register for classes.
August 1: Reading Spanish Handwriting (in English) Webinar. This webinar begins at 1:00 P.M.
August 5: Advancing Your Polish Genealogy: 300 Years of Records Webinar. This webinar begins at 10:00 A.M.
August 6: The 1798 Irish Rebellion and Its Effect on Family History Research. This class begins at 1:00 P.M.
August 13: Finding and Linking Ireland Records to Find Families post-1800. This class begins at 11:00 A.M.
August 13: Case Studies in 17th Century England Emigration to North America. This class begins at 1:00 P.M.
August 13: Planning a Research Trip Webinar. This webinar begins at 6:00 P.M.
August 15: 10:00 A.M. Boy Scout Genealogy Merit Badge (1-1/2 hrs.) To register, call 1-801-240-4673 at least one week before the workshop to find out which requirements should be completed before attending.
August 15: Genealogía Descendente Webinar. This webinar begins at 1:00 P.M.
August 26: Italian Indexing Series
- Italian Death Records: Preparation for Indexing. This class begins at 2:30 P.M.
- Indexing Italian Death Records (1½ hours). This class begins at 6:00 P.M.
August 27: Italian Research Series.
- Italian Emigration and Finding the Place of Origin. This class begins at 2:30 P.M.
- Where to Find Italian Vital Records: Repositories, Online, and Microfilm. This class begins at 6:30 P.M.
August 27: Immigration into the United States Webinar. This webinar begins at 6:00 P.M.
August 28: Italian Research Series
- Italian Marriage Records. This class begins at 2:30 P.M.
- Latin Records. This class begins at 6:30 P.M.
August 29: Italian Research Series
- Reading Italian Birth and Death Records Workshop. This workshop begins at 10:00 A.M.
- Reading Marriage Records Workshop. This workshop begins at 11:30 A.M.
- Reading Latin Records Workshop and Q&A about Research Problems (1½ hours). This workshop begins at 1:30 P.M.
August 31: Irish Roman Catholic Church Records: Better Access Than Ever! This class begins at 11:00 A.M.
For instructions on how to log on to Family History Library webinars, click on the following blog post: Connecting to Family History Library Webinars—Easy to Follow Instructions.
Latest posts by Yvonne Sorenson (see all)
- The Family History Library Announces Free Classes for April 2016 - March 29, 2016
- The Family History Library Announces Free Webinar Series—“Irish Records & Resources Online” for March 2016 - February 29, 2016
- The Family History Library Announces Free Classes and Webinars for March 2016 - February 23, 2016