When you create a source in Family Tree, you type in its title, citation, and notes. You can also type a URL (website address) or you can upload a scanned document for that source. Until now, every source you created was automatically added to your source box.
You can now choose whether to save that source in your source box. Steps one through three of this process are the same as they were previously. The new option shows up in step 4.
- On a person’s details page, click the Create a New Source link. This link is located in the Sources section:
2. Enter the information for the source, and click Save.
3. Enter a reason that explains why you are attaching this source to this person.
4. If you want to save this source in your source box, check the box labeled Add to My Source Box, and then click Attach.
Latest posts by Lynne C. VanWagenen (see all)
- Why Should I Put My Family Tree in More Than One Place? - July 2, 2015
- Why Should I Put My Family Tree in More Than One Place? - July 1, 2015
- Update: LDS Member Access to Partner Family History Websites - March 26, 2014