Christmas is the time for family and fun. It’s when family and friends come together and share stories, enjoy good food and celebrate the joy and happiness of the holiday season. It’s a time to create memories that will last a life time.
Ask anyone you meet and they will probably have no problem sharing memories of some special Christmas moments in their lives. For young children and for those who are just beginning to start families of their own, Christmas is an especially good time of year to begin creating fond memories that can be shared and enjoyed by everyone. These will be the memories that you will pass down to your children and grandchildren in the years ahead.
FamilySearch has 4 great ideas for how you can creates some special holiday memories. These include:
- Taking some time to ask some of the older family members about memories they have of things they’ve experienced in their early years. It’s easy with some easy to follow guidelines and a list of questions you can use to get some great information. Then, learn how to preserve those interviews for future generations.
- Creating your own personal ornaments for your Christmas tree.
- More than 100 easy to follow recipes that you can use with your children and grandchildren to spend time together in the kitchen creating some tasty Christmas memories
- Ideas for creating your own family customs and traditions.
Making family memories is even more fun than remembering them. So, take some time this Christmas season and visit the FamilySearch.org web page, Enjoy Christmas with the Family to get some great ideas that will help you make some fun family memories.
Latest posts by Steve Anderson (see all)
- Paula Williams Madison: My Chinese-Jamaican Legacy - April 1, 2019
- Day of the Dead—Fun Activities to Honor Our Ancestors - October 20, 2016
- Community Calendar: Genealogy and Family History Conferences - September 3, 2016