I know this sounds like a broken record, but things still are looking good with our efforts to index the 1940 US Census. We’ve completed our third week and we’re making excellent progress.
As of April 20th we have the following statistics to report:
- So far, 14.2% of the entire project has been completely indexed.
- We have 75,820 indexers and arbitrators working to index and arbitrate the census records.
- Colorado and Kansas have been completely indexed and are being processed in preparation for posting on FamilySearch.org.
- Delaware is posted online at FamilySearch.org.
- Nine states (Alaska, Idaho, Indiana, Nevada, New Hampshire, Oregon, Utah, Virginia and Wyoming) are 80% or more indexed and will soon be complete. To see the status of each state, visit FamilySearch.org/1940census.
- A total of 19,242,589 records have been indexed and arbitrated by volunteers.
We continue to see new people signing up to be indexers and arbitrators. Each day we get more than 1,000 new people joining us. Word and is getting around and people want to be a part of this project. We want to see more people join us so remember to tell your friends and neighbors about your indexing experiences. Show them how they can be involved. I’m sure they will enjoy the opportunity.
Thank you for the great job you are all doing. It’s good to see people enjoying themselves as they give of their time to index this valuable collection of American records.