Wharton County, TexasEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Wharton County Texas genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Wharton County, Texas|
Location in the state of Texas
Location of Texas in the U.S.
|Founded||April 3, 1846|
Wharton County Courthouse
100 E Milam Street PO Box 69
Wharton, TX 77488
County Clerk has birth and death records from 1903, marriage records from 1857, land records from 1846, probate records from 1849, court records from 1909 and military records from 1919.
Places / Localities
Boling | Danevang | East Bernard | El Campo | Glen Flora | Hungerford | Lissie | Louise | Wharton
|Source: "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau.|
- The Book of Wharton County, Texas, 1926 by J. O. Graham.
- A History of Wharton County, 1964 by Annie Lee Williams.
- Wharton County History from the Handbook of Texas Online.
- Wharton County 1900 from the TXGenWeb site
- Men and Women of Wharton County in World War II photos and information
- Confederate Pension Applications filed in Wharton County
- Wharton Journal Spectator
115 W Burleson St.
Wharton, TX 77488-5003
- El Campo Leader-News
203 E Jackson St.
El Campo, TX 77437-4413
- East Bernard Tribune
218 Dill Street
East Bernard, TX 77435
- Texas Death Index 1964 to 1998 [no images] Name index to Texas Statewide Death Certificates or four million people who have died since 1964.
- Texas Death Records 1890 – 1976 [with images]
Name index and images of statewide death certificates, 1890-1976. The name index has been created by FamilySearch and is tied to images of the Texas death certificates. Few certificates are available prior to 1903.
Societies and Libraries
- Wharton County Library
Central Branch - 1920 North Fulton
Wharton, Texas 77488
Family History Centers
- Wharton County TXGenWeb Site history, genealogy and general information about Wharton County.
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Wharton County, Texas. Page 676 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).