Ventura County, CaliforniaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Fillmore,Hueneme, Moorpark, Nyeland Acres, Newbury Park, Oak View, Ojai, Oxnard, Piru, Santa Paula, Simi, Somis, Thousand Oaks, Ventura
Archives and Libraries
Church History and Records
LDS Ward and Branch Records
Land and Property
Military History and Records
Naturalization and Citizenship
The County Recorder maintains records from 1873. Prior to that the Santa Barbara Recorder has the records. Ventura County Recorder fees: $14 to search and/or copy birth and death records, $12 to search and/or copy marriage records.
Societies, Libraries and Museums
- Ventura County Museum of History and Art The museum is currently closed for renovation, though a temporary exhibit space and gift shop are open on California St. The Librarian is available to answer question by phone. Once the museum is reopened the Library is an excellent research resource.
- Jewish Genealogical Society of the Conejo Valley and Ventura County
- Scandinavian Center. Scandinavian American Cultural and Historical Foundation at California Lutheran University. Published works about Scandinavian churches in Midwest United States. See library catalog at CLU.
- Ventura County CAGenWeb
- USGenWeb Archives
- USGenWeb Archives backup site
- FamilySearch Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).