User:Carolbmoss/Sandbox:Recipe 5 CornabyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 20:34, 28 December 2012 by Carolbmoss
Find family members in the Census records. Verify information with vital records.
Step 1. Search for your ancestor in the1900 U.S. Census at www.familysearch.org.
- Use the ancestor's name, birth year and birth place for a successful search.
- When searching for a woman, use her married name.
- Always look at the original record, not just the index or transcript.
Step 2: Verify the family information you find in the census with vital records,
- Look in Indiana Marriages, 1811-1959.
- Look for the parents' marriage.
- Look for a child's marriage. It could list the parents' names.
Step 3: Add any additional individuals and information to Family Tree.
- Prepare temple work in Family Tree by clicking on any green arrows found in the tree.
- Follow the directions on the page.
- Be sure and check for any possible duplicates.