Union County, OhioEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Union County, Ohio|
Location of Ohio in the U.S.
|Address|| Union County Courthouse|
5th and Court Streets
Marysville, Ohio 43040
Union County Website
|Beginning dates for major county records|
|*For earlier dates, try... Church | Obituaries | Cemeteries|
- Parent Counties: Formed from Delaware, Franklin, Logan and Madison Counties in 1820).
- County Seat: Marysville
- Neighboring Counties: Union County, Ohio residents may also have records in Hardin (northwest) · Madison (south) · Logan (west) · Champaign (southwest) · Marion (northeast) · Delaware (east) · Franklin (southeast)
See an interactive map of Union County boundary changes.
Business Records and Commerce
- Oakdale Cemetery, Marysville BillionGraves
Emigration and Immigration
Ethnic, Political, or Religious Groups
Land and Property
- Civil War
- Civil War service men from Union County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Union County.
- -1st Regiment, Ohio Cavalry, Companies D and K
- -96th Regiment, Ohio Infantry, Company K, roster
Naturalization and Citizenship
Family History Centers
Ohio Deaths, 1908-1953 Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch. Records include such information as birth date of deceased, city, county, and state of death, name of spouse if married, names of parents, maiden name of mother, name of informant, if deceased was single, married, windowed or divorced, occupation of deceased.
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Links to specific resources for Union County; many are free. www.genealogyinc.com/ohio/union-county/
- ↑ Wikipedia contributors, "Union County, Ohio" in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Union_County,_Ohio (accessed 10 May 2012).
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Union County, Ohio. Page 546 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.