Santaquin Utah Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Santaquin Family History Center is a full service center serving the south part of Utah County. We welcome all to come visit us.
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
Address: 45 South 500 West, Santaquin, Utah, United States
- Please enter on the west side of the building. You will need to ring the bell located at the top right corner of the door frame. There is plenty of parking available. Handicap parking is toward the southwest end of the building.
- Location on Map
Monday - Friday: 9 am to noon.
Tuesday - 6:30 pm to 9 pm.
Wednesday: Noon to 3 pm and 6:30 pm to 9 pm.
Calendar and Events
Upcoming Events :
Santaquin Family History Conference-To the Rescue
- Saturday, 24 March 2012 from 9 - 1 pm at the Santaquin Stake Center.
- There is no charge for the conference
Key note speaker: Randy Bryson
2012 SANTAQUIN FAMILY HISTORY CENTER CONFERENCE CLASSES
|Instructors|| Class Session 1
10:00 am – 10:50
| Class Session 2
11:00 am – 11:50
| Class Session|
12:00 pm – 12:50
|Charlotte Coleman|| New FamilySearch
| New FamilySearch
| New FamilySearch |
|Jill Woodbury|| “Have They Already Been Rescued?”
Find ordinances already completed in nFS & original temple records rather than duplicating the work of your ancestors
| “If Frannie is Buried There, Who is Patricia?”
Solve a family legend from original records, discover relationships, and document findings
| “Proving & Illuminating Puzzle Pieces of Life.”|
Use puzzle piece clues from various documents to prove and illuminate an individual.
|Don Crenshaw|| Descendency Research using
| Descendency Research using|
| Ray Martin,
|Leadership Resource Guide||Leadership Resource Guide|
Nelcy & Brodie Sebresos,
Hispanic Research Classes
|Registration and getting started with FamilySearch|| Additional Topics
New developments in FamilySearch, FS Wiki, New Family Tree, Ancestral Quest, PAF, & other resources available in Spanish
| OPEN FORUM|
Review session with Q&A, we can repeat topics that some may have missed, or address any other questions or concerns.
|Weston Marsh||Missionary Work and Family History||Missionary Work and Family History||Missionary Work and Family History|
| Askelson’s &
|Virginia Temple||“How to Interview in one Easy Lesson”||“How to Interview in one Easy Lesson”||“How to Interview in one Easy Lesson”|
|Rebecca Tobiasson||Youth & Family History|
Class Schedule :
- New Training Sessions for New Family Search, FamilySearch, and research and computer classes will start in April. The classes will be announced at a later date
- Registration required, please notify us of your interest at email@example.com
Staff Training Meetings :
- Second Thursday of each month beginning at 6:30 pm in the family history center.
- Family History Library Catalog: We can help you order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- We have a list of local films and fiche and some film/fiche from other areas of the world. Please contact us or search the FHL Catalog for these resources.
- Local history books and resources for doing your family history.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- We have computers, film/fiche readers and printers for your use.
- We also have access to other programs for family history.
Staff Research Specialties
We have staff who can help you with research in the US, England, Scandanavia, and Germany.
Resources in the Local Area
We are 20 minutes from Brigham Young University and their collections. We are also 20 minutes from the Utah Family History Training Center located in Orem, Utah.
The Family History Library in Salt Lake City is a one hour drive from Santaquin.
Santaquin Utah North Stake AND Santaquin Utah Stake Web sites
You must be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and you must live in a participating stake to use this Web site. Use your LDS Account information to sign in.
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
We welcome volunteers to work at our center. Please contact us through one of the email addresses provided above.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More