San Joaquin County, CaliforniaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
18 February 1850: San Joaquin was created as an original county. County seat: Stockton 
Archives and Libraries
Cherokee Memorial Park Hwy 99 E Harney Lane Lodi, CA 95240 209-334-9613
Park View Cemetery 3661 E. French Camp Rd. Manteca, CA 95336 209-982-1661
San Joaquin Catholic Cemetery Cemetery Lane Stockton, CA 209-466-6202
Stockton Rural Cemetery 2350 Cemetery Lane Stockton, CA 95204 209-465-5213
The following web sites have entries for people buried in San Joaquin County. None have complete lists:
In the Family History Library Catalog Place Search on FamilySearch, for San Joaquin, California, look at the list of records for Cemeteries. Films can be sent to family history centers. Public libraries may have copies of the books or can obtain them through Interlibrary Loan.
Church History and Records
Church records are usually found in the towns rather than on the county level.
LDS Ward and Branch Records
San Joaquin County Court Directory gives addresses, phone numbers, fax numbers and links to the courts web sites and online resources..
Google Books has some books about the history and people in San Joaquin County, California. Try various search terms, including the names of people. Books designated with "Full view" can be read online.
Land and Property
For historical maps,search the following free sites:
- Maps-Historical-Sate of California, the Carlifornia government's site. Links to American Memory (Library of Congress), California Missions, and the State Library
- California Maps - HSU Library, also lists and links to gazetteers
Military History and Records
Ancestry.com has Records of California men in the War of the Rebellion, 1861 to 1867 ($)
The California Digital Newspaper Collection has newspapers from 1848 through 1922. You can search by keyword, including names, and/or by date.
For early marriages see Western States Marriage Index.
Societies, Libraries and Museums
- San Joaquin Genealogical Society
- San Joaquin County Historical Society and Museum
- Stockton-San Joaquin County Library
- San Joaquin County CAGenWeb
- USGenWeb Archives
- USGenWeb Archives backup site
- FamilySearch Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More