Sacramento Indian Agency (California)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Indians of North America-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
Indian Tribes Associated With This Agency
The Sacramento Agency was created 1 October 1923 by the consolidation of the Round Valley Agency, Greenville Agency, Tule River Agency, and part of the Reno Agency jurisdictions. The Sacramento Agency was superceded by the California Agency in 1947.
Some records for the Sacramento Agency, 1911-1947, are in the Pacific Regional Archives of the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) in San Francisco, including:
- Allotment register, 1906-1928
- School census cards, 1920-1940
- Day school records, 1923-1932
- Supplement to census roll of California Indians, 1928
- Student case files, 1933-1945
- And other administrative and fiscal records, 1911-1947
Census Records, 1923-1939. FHL films: 581450 - 581451
Census Records, 1928, 1935. FHL films: 976980 item 7 and 976982
Heirship early 1900's. FHL film: 977774
Vital Records, 1910-1947. FHL films: 976980-976982
- American Indians: A Select Catalog of National Archives Microfilm Publications. Washington DC: National Archives Trust Fund Board, National Archives and Records Administration, 1998.
- Hill, Edward E. (comp.). Guide to Records in the National Archives of the United States Relating to American Indians. Washington DC: National Archives and Records Service, General Services Administration, 1981.
- Hill, Edward E. The Office of Indian Affairs, 1824-1880: Historical Sketches. New York, New York: Clearwater Publishing Company, Inc., 1974.
- Historical Sketches for Jurisdictional and Subject Headings Used for the Letters Received by the Office of Indian Affairs, 1824-1880. National Archives Microcopy T1105.
- Preliminary Inventory No. 163: Records of the Bureau of Indian Affairs. Washington DC: National Archives and Records Services. Available online
- "Accompanying Pamphlet for Microcopy 1011", National Archives Microfilm Publications, Appendix.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More