Prowers County, ColoradoEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Prowers County, Colorado|
Location of Colorado in the U.S.
|Founded||April 11, 1889|
|Address|| Prowers County Courthouse|
300 S Main Street
Lamar, CO 81052-2857
Prowers County Website
County Clerk has marriage, land and some death records 1889;
District Court has divoce and court recors. County Court has probate records.
Places / Localities
Archives and Libraries
- Holly Public Library
302 South Main Street
Holly, CO 81047
- Lamar Public Library
102 East Parmenter St
Lamar, CO 81052
- Inventory of the county archives of Colorado, no. 50, Prowers County (Lamar) FHL Collection
- Compilation of cemetery records including index from four cemeteries near Lamar, Prowers, Colorado FHL Collection
For tips on accessing Prowers County, Colorado census records online, see: Colorado Census.
Church History and Records
- Bent and Prowers Counties (Colorado) directories FHL Collection
- Polk's Lamar (Prowers County, Colorado) city directory : including Prowers County residents and ranchers FHL Collection
- Prowers County history FHL Collection
Land and Property
- The homestead years: Prowers County, Colorado FHL Collection
- Prowers County, Colorado land ownership map, 1889 FHL Collection
Military History and Records
Colorado State Archives Index to the Prowers County Amache School Teachers and Personnel for the period 1942-1945. This is an Index to the records of the teachers who were approved and hired at the Center.
Societies, Libraries and Museums
- Big Timbers Museum
Prowers County Historical Society
7515 U.S. Hwy 50
P. O. Box 929
Lamar, CO 81052
- Prowers County CO Trails to the Past
- USGenWeb Archives
- USGenWeb Archives (backup site)
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Prowers County, Colorado. Page 100 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ WorldCat 50140092 ▲ FHL Collection Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed.] (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002)
|This Colorado-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More