Polk County, North CarolinaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Polk County, North Carolina|
Location in the state of North Carolina
Location of North Carolina in the U.S.
Polk County Courthouse
P O Box 308
Columbus, NC 28722
Clerk superior Court has divorce records from1932
probate and court records from from 1872
Register of Deeds has marriage and land records 
For tips on accessing Polk County, North Carolina census records online, see: North Carolina Census.
Early migration routes to and from Polk County for European settlers included:
Civil War Confederate units - Brief history, counties where recruited, etc.
- 1855-1921 - Will Books 1 to 2 (1855-1921) have been digitized by FamilySearch - free.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Polk County, North Carolina. Page 512 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), 847-61. (FHL Book 973 D27e 2002) WorldCat entry., and William E. Myer, Indian Trails of the Southeast. (Nashville, Tenn.: Blue and Gray Press, 1971), 12-14, and the book's pocket map "The Trail System of the Southeastern United States in the early Colonial Period" (1923). (FHL Book 970.1 M992i) WorldCat entry.
|This North Carolina-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.