Orem Utah Park/Suncrest Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Family History Center article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Review the instructions and guidelines for FHC pages.
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
(Add a brief paragraph about your center here and the area it serves. Information in italics below is guidance for you and should be deleted as you fill out the page. Remove italics from other text by selecting the text and clicking the "I" box in the Toolbar above.)
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- Address: 50 South 750 West, Orem, UT 84058
- Plenty of parking. Enter through the west door. Ring the doorbell if the door is locked.
- (Link to map using Google or other map sites)
- Monday: 10 AM - 4 PM
- Tuesday: 10 AM - 4 PM and 6:30 PM - 9:00 PM
- Wednesday: same as Tuesday
- Thursday: 10 AM - 4 PM
- Friday: 10 AM - 1 PM
- Saturday: 10 AM - Noon
Holiday Schedule: We are closed on Federal holidays, July 24 Pioneer Day, General Conference Saturdays, Saturdays on weekend of Memorial Day, Friday & Saturday of Labor Day weekend, all week of BYU Education Week and Thanksgiving, and last half of December for Christmas holidays.
Calendar and Events
- Open House/Workshop in Autumn 2012 (date to be determined).
- No classes scheduled at present.
Staff Training Meetings
- When: Third Thursday each month except July, August and December.
- Time: 7:00 PM to 8:00 PM.
- Where: Primary room (southeast corner of the building; down the hall from the Family History Center).
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- 11 computers with RootsMagic, Legacy, Ancesstral Quest, and access to premium (subscription) family history websites (such as Ancestry.com, World Vital Records, etc.).
- Copier/printer ($.05 per page).
- Three microfilm readers.
- Microfiche reader.
- Wireless internet access.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More