Mormon GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
This page gives instructions for those who are LDS.
Many resources are available to help LDS Church members know what steps to take after they have done their research, including:
- Local Ward family history consultants, neighbors who can introduce you to the basics of getting started on research, and temple names preparation.
- Family History Centers are branches of the Family History Library with access to selected family history research resources and more experienced genealogists.
- New FamilySearch, a free Internet family tree program that can be used to help research and record information about ancestors in the comfort of your own home. It is also the main tool used to help submit ancestors' names for temple ordinances.
- Online lessons about how to use New FamilySearch to submit family names for temple ordinances.
Note: The beliefs of members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints about family history research and temples are explained in:
- "Chapter 1: The Purpose of Temple and Family History Work," in Member’s Guide to Temple and Family History Work, (2009).