Mesa, ArizonaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Pioneer-era towns located nearby, but later incorporated into Mesa as it grew
- Alma - about a mile west of original square mile of Mesa.
- Lehi - about a half mile east and 3 miles north of original square mile of Mesa.
Archives and Libraries
- City of Mesa Cemetery in Mesa AZ, from The Official Website of the City of Mesa Cemetery
- City of Mesa Cemetery in Mesa AZ, from the Mesa Regional Family History Center
- City of Mesa Cemetery in Mesa AZ at Find A Grave.
- Mariposa Gardens Memorial Park in Mesa AZ
- Mariposa Gardens Memorial Park in Mesa AZ at Find A Grave
- Mountain View Memorial Gardens in Mesa AZ
- Mountain View Memorial Gardens in Mesa AZ at Find A Grave
- Queen of Heaven Cemetery in Mesa AZ
- Queen of Heaven Cemetery in Mesa AZ at Find A Grave
Mesa Family History Center (Mesa, Arizona) Mesa cemetery records, combined surname index volumes one, two and three FHL 979.173/M1 V32
Cemetery and sexton records of Mesa, Arizona, Salt Lake City, Utah : Filmed by the Genealogical Society of Utah, 1957 FHL 2424
Mesa, Arizona, city cemetery markers, as of November 1992, gathered and compiled by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Mesa, Arizona Central Stake Young Women, Mesa, Arizona : s.n., 1995 FHL 979.173/M1 V3
Tri-stake directory Maricopa, Mesa, Phoenix - Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints stake and ward officers, general membership, Phoenix, Arizona? : s.n., 195? FHL 979.173 K24
You will find additional records by doing a place search in The Family History Library Catalog for "Arizona, Maricopa, Mesa."
R. L. Polk and Company, Mesa - Tempe (Maricopa County, Arizona) city directory including Chandler and Gilbert, contains buyers' guide and a complete classified business directory, Dallas, Texas : R.L. Polk & Co., 1965- FHL 979.173 E4pa
Several City directories for Mesa and other nearby cities are available in the Mesa Room at the Mesa Public Library.
Funeral Homes - Indexes
History - Indexes
Bibliography on the History of Mesa
References to call numbers are those in the Mesa Public Library:
- 75th Anniversary Diamond Jubilee History of Lehi, 1877-1952. W. Earl Merrill, Lehi Ward, Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, Celebrating Arrival of Lehi Pioneers, March 6-7-8-9th, 1952. Mesa, Ariz: Mesa Tribune Printers], 1952. WorldCat 13938652
- Christmas Stories from Mesa's Past. Mesa, Ariz.: Mesa Historical Museum, 1995. [394.2663 C464M]
- City of Mesa Original Townsite Historic Building Survey, 3 volumes. Tempe, AZ: Woodward Architectural Group, 1993. [720.979173 C498c]
- City of Mesa Temple, Evergreen and Escobedo Neighborhood Historic Building Survey, 4 volumes. Tucson, AZ: Architecture Co., 1997. [720.979173 C498m]
- Mesa's Historic Real Estate Directory, Maxwell B. Cox, Mesa, Ariz.: Mesa Southwest Museum, 1981. [917.9173 M56MC]
- Who is Mesa. Mesa, AZ. Charles H. Crismon, 1988. [920.0979173 C868
- Diamond Jubilee Pageant. Mesa, AZ: Diamond Jubilee Steering Committee, 1953. [979.173 D541d]
- Desert Village Mesa AZ, Marion Donaldson, Sun Valley shopper, 1952. [979.173 D714]
- Front Page. Mesa, AZ: Mesa Tribune, 1978. [979.173 F928]
- An Economic, Political and Social Survey of Phoenix and the Valley of the Sun. Tempe, AZ. Horton, Arthur Gotzian. Southside Progress, 1941. [979.173 H789
- Mesa Historical Survey. Mesa, AZ, Linda Laird. Mesa Parks and Recreation Dept, 1984. [979.173 L144]
- Mesa: Beneath the Shadows of the Superstitions, Tray C Mead, Northridge, CA: Windsor Publications, 1988. [979.173 M4 61]
- A History of Mesa. Tucson, AZ. Melvin Holland, 1933. [979.173 M498H]
- One Hundred Echoes from Mesa's Past. W. Earl Merrill. Mesa, AZ: Merrill, 1975. [979. 173 M552p]
- One Hundred Footprints on Forgotten Trails. W. Earl Merrill Mesa, AZ: Merrill, 1978. [979.173 M552t]
- One Hundred Steps Down Mesa's Past. W. Earl Merrill Mesa, AZ: Merrill, 1970. [979.173M552o]
- One Hundred Yesterdays. W. Earl Merrill Mesa, AZ: Lofgreen, 1972. [979.173 M552]
- Mesa (Ariz.) Fire Dept. Yesterday and Today, 2 volumes. Mesa, AZ: Mesa Fire Dept, 1981-1989. [629.92]
- Mesa at War, 1941-1945. Mesa, AZ: Mesa Historical Society, 1997. [979.173 M56w 1997]
- Mesa Centennial, 1878-1978. Mesa, Az: Hogue Printing, 1978. [979.173 M56]
- Mesa, Desert to Oasis, Reta Reed Otis. Mesa, Ariz: Mesa Historical Society, 1996. [979.173 OT4M]
- Our Town. Mesa, AZ: Mesa Unified School District. 1947-. [979.173 OU7] 2-6th ed.
- West Second Street Historical District. Mesa, AZ: s.n. 1994- [917.9173 W52w 1997]