Marion County, IowaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 03:16, 7 March 2013 by Ericcharlesperazzo
|Marion County, Iowa|
Location of Iowa in the U.S.
|Founded||August 4, 1845|
1845--Marion County was created 4 August 1845 from unorganized territory. County seat: Knoxville 
- Tlam Cemetery, Pella BillionGraves
- Altoona Public Library Archives, Polk County (1876-2000)
- Johnston Historical Society Archive, Polk County (1970-2007)
- NewspaperArchive.com ($) has historical newspapers online including Des Moines newspapers. This database is free at some libraries.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- ↑ "Francis Marion," Wikipedia.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).