Manti Utah Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Manti Family History Center is located at the base of the Manti Temple.
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- Address: 86 East 500 North, Manti, Utah
- Access from 100 East only. There is no direct access to Highway 89.
- Location on Google Map
- Sunday: 2 PM-6 PM
- Monday: 10 AM-3 PM
- Tuesday: 10 AM-8 PM
- Wednesday: 10 AM-8 PM
- Thursday: 10 AM-8 PM
- Friday: 10 AM-3 PM
- Saturday: CLOSED
Closed during the Mormon Miracle Pageant- June 15-July 7, 2013
Closed December 21 2013-January 5, 2014.
Additional dates closed: January 27, February 18, March 31, April 7, May 12, July 24, September 1 & 2, October 6, November 10, and November 28, 29, 30.
Calendar and Events
Alternating Tuesdays 6:30 PM Legacy/General Research--Arlene Valentine.
Wednesday 10:30 AM Family Search Family Tree--Charlene Fjerstad.
Thursday 6:30 PM Family Search Family Tree--Laura Eastman.
Staff Training Meetings
Monthly on the first Tuesday at 7:00 PM or Thursday at 9:00 AM
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- We have Sanpete County Records, early newspapers and early LDS Records.
- We have a selection of DUP Lessons as well as "Women of Faith and Fortitude" and SUP record books.
- We have approximatley 100 Family Histories have been donated to our center. Many of them contain records of early Manti residents.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. (Note to FHC: Not all FHCs have access to this portal. If you do not, you will want to remove this entire bullet. If you do have access to it, just remove this text in italics.)
Hardware and Equipment
- Our center has 7 computers for Patron use. We have 2 printers, one B & W and one color. Copies are $.10 per side. We also have 3 scanners.
- We have 3 microfilm readers and 3 microfiche readers.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
The Sanpete County Court House is located 3 blocks south of our center. The Court House houses property records, vital records and misc. records from Sanpete County.
Across the street from the Court House is the Historic Manti City Hall. They have items pertaining to the early history of Manti.
The Manti Public Library has a Special Collections Room that contains misc. records from Manti City.
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.) <fck:hr>
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.) </fck:hr></fck:hr></fck:hr></fck:hr></fck:hr></fck:hr> ----Adding details to a FHC page article.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More