From FamilySearch Wiki
United States Utah Malad County
Malad County, Utah Territory was created 12 January 1856   from part of Weber County. The Utah legislature discontinued Malad County 17 January 1862 and it's land was given to Box Elder County. Malad County is now extinct.
Utah Territory's old 1856 counties are named in orange. Present-day Nevada counties are outlined in white.
For records of Malad County, Utah Territory see:
- Some records for old Malad County, Utah Territory may have been transferred to, or may have been re-recorded in Box Elder County, Utah.
- ↑ Legislative Assembly of the Territory of Utah, Acts, resolutions and memorials passed at the annual sessions of the Legislative Assembly of the Territory of Utah convened . . . 1855 (Great Salt Lake City, 1855), 7. Google books online edition.
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), 687. WorldCat entry. FHL Book 973 D274 2002.
- ↑ "Chart of County Formation in Utah" in Division of Archives and Records Service at http://archives.utah.gov/research/guides/county-formation.htm (accessed 11 August 2011).
- ↑ Deon C. Greer, Atlas of Utah (Ogden, Utah: Desert State College, 1981), 162 and 164. WorldCat entry. FHL Q Book 979.2 E7a.