Macon County, MissouriEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Missouri-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
|Macon County, Missouri|
Location of Missouri in the U.S.
|Founded||January 6, 1837|
|Address|| Macon County Courthouse|
101 E Washington Street
Macon, MO 63552-0096
Macon County Website
County Clerk has birth and death records 1883-1893;
County Recorder has marriage and land records;
Clerk Circuit Court has divorce records; Circuit Court
Division 2, has probate records
See an interactive map of Macon County border changes at N2Genealogy.
- The State Historical Society of Missouri has information on historical Missouri place names for all Missouri Counties.
- Map of Macon County townships (Histopolis)
- The University of Missouri Digital Library has digital copies of Missouri county plat books (ca. 1930) for all Missouri counties including Macon County. The city of St. Louis is not included in this collection.
- Newspaperarchive.com ($) has historical newspapers available on-line. Their database has Moberly newspapers from the early 1900's that covered local news on residents from Macon County communities.
- Missouri State Archives provides on-line access to Missouri Death Certificates more than 50 yrs old starting in 1910.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Macon County, Missouri. Page 402 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ "Nathaniel Macon", Wikipedia.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).