Lund, NorwayEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
- Lund clerical district records begin in 1713. They contain priest and sexton records from the parishes Lund and Heskestad. Also included were Flekkefjord or (Nes) until 1820 and Bakke, Gyland and Tonstad or (Sirdal) until 1741. They are now in Vest-Agder county. Heskestad parish was transfered from Helleland clerical district to Lund in 1820.
- An extract of the church records of Lund in Rogaland county, 1724-1737. Transcribed by Trygve Rasmussen. These records are available on microfilm at the Family History Library.
- An extract of the church records of Lund in Rogaland county, 1761- 1815. This is a handwritten copy transcribed by Ola Auranes.
Digital images of the church books are online at Digitalarkivet.
- 1664-1666 This census was taken by the local parish priests. It lists the name of the farms, names of farm owners (including widows), the sons of the farm owners, male farm hands, cottagers and their sons, and the ages of each person. A database of this census is available at Digitalarkivet.
- 1701: The census of 1701 was taken for military purposes. It lists only the males living in rural districts who were over the age of one year. It includes the farm name, name and age of the owner, names and ages of sons and servants. Also includes the residence of all unmarried males living away from home when the census was taken.Mantallet (Census) 1701 for Stavanger Amt (Rogaland County)
For 1666-1822 the probates are found in Jæren og Dalane judicial district.
For 1823-1882 they are found in Dalane judicial district.
The clerical probates for 1729-1807 are found in Dalane deanery.
A genealogy of the people and their farms in Lund in Rogaland county for about 450 years, from about 1500 to 1985.
- Mehus, Ingjald, Heskestad, Olav and Hadland, Arne, "Lunds historie", Lund: Utgitt av Lund bygdeboklag, 1961-1987; Lund: Lund Kommune, 1991.
948.31/L1 D2m FHL Intl Book Vol. 1. Gårdens og slektens liv / av I. Mehus -- Vol. 2. Folk i Lund det siste hundre år / Olav Heskestad -- Vol. 3. Lunds historie i ord og bilder / Arne Hadland.
Ancestors and descendants of several families from the farms of Lund Parish in Rogaland. Includes pedigree charts and text descriptions of individuals. It includes these farms: Mageland, Ytre Sandstøl, Handeland, Surdal, Sætra, Sætra, Eik, Handeland, Hove, Lunde, Hamre, Skår, Gursli, Skåland, Gursli, Skåland, Heskestad, Ovedal (Aavedal), Tjellesvik, Kjørmo, Hamre, Rusdal, Sirekrok, Kjørmo, Moi, Visland.
- Mageland, Eivind, "Slekter i Lund", Moi, Norway : Mageland, Eivind, 1998. 948.31/L1 D2ma FHL INTL Book
Return to Norway Page