Lindon Utah Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 02:42, 29 March 2012 by Backonline
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Mesa and Logan FHC pages for examples.)
- Center Contacts and Hours
- Location & Map:
- Address: 1050 East 100 North, Lindon, Utah.
- Note: Enter the FHC through the north door on the west side of the building.
- Phone: (801)-785-7584 or (801)-785-7586
- E-mail: Contact through the Lindon FHC website.
- Open Hours:
|Monday||9 a.m. - 6 p.m.|
|Tuesday - Friday||9 a.m. - 9 p.m.|
|Saturday||9 a.m. - 3 p.m.|
|Sunday||9 a.m. - 4 p.m.||(Scheduled Groups Only|
|1-2, 13-16, 18-20||17 after 3 p.m, 18-20||13, 15, 30 after 3pm, 31||1, 8|
|13, 25 after 3pm, 26-28||17||4, 24||31 after 3pm|
|1-3||5 after 3pm, 6-7||21-25||17 thru 2 Jan|
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
- Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. These free sites include Ancestry.com, Swedish ArkivDigital, etc.
- Hardware and Equipment
- This center has approximately 25 computers, two laptop computers, one microfilm reader, one microfiche reader, one microfilm printer, printers in both color and black and white, and a digital camera for transferring photos and documents into digital format. It also has a digital projector and a 42" digital screen in a separate room, so two classes can be taught simultaneously.
- Training Resources
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- Resources about the Lindon Area
- Volunteer at the Center
- The Lindon Family History Center welcomes local volunteers. You may wish to serve a 3-hour shift each week as a consultant or teach a class. Please call the center at (801) 785-7584 or (801)785-7586, and ask for the assistant director's contact information.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More