Kimble County, TexasEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Kimble County, Texas|
Location in the state of Texas
Location of Texas in the U.S.
|Founded||January 22, 1858|
Kimble County Courthouse
501 Main Street Courthouse
Junction, TX 76849-4763
County Clerk has birth and death records from 1900,
marriage, divorce, land and court records from 1884,
probate records from early 1900’s and military records
1858--Kimble County was created 22 January 1858 from Bexar Land District. County seat: Junction 
Places / Localities
- Kimble County Cemeteries ~ TXGenWeb
- Kimble County Cemeteries ~ USGenWeb Archives Project
- Tombstone Transcription Project ~ Partial transcription of cemetery tombstones ~ USGenWeb
- Texas Historic Cemeteries ~ Partial indexes to historic cemeteries
- African American Cemeteries Online ~ Partial index/transcriptions of African American cemeteries
- Texas Escapes Listing of Texas cemeteries with transcriptions and lots of pictures.
1870 Kimble County Census ~ TXGenWeb
- Kimble County Land Surveys ~ TXGenWeb
- Land Survey Abstract Indices Original Land Owners of TX - USGenWeb Archives Project
- Kimble County Biographies ~ TXGenWeb
- Kimble County Historical Markers ~ TXGenWeb
- Texas Museums ~ List of all museums in Texas ~ Hidden Ancestors
- Historical Maps ~ From the Republic to the Turn of the Century ~ Hidden Ancestors
- Texas Counties Map. Click on the county to go to the Texas Genweb site
- Kimble County Confederate Pension Applications ~ USGenWeb Archives Project
- Kimble County Vietnam War Casualties - USGenWeb Project
- Military Resources ~ Links to research Civil War to Operation Enduring Freedom ~ Hidden Ancestors
- Fallen Heroes ~ Partial Index of casualties from Civil War to Operation Enduring Freedom ~ Hidden Ancestors
- Honoring Our Veterans ~ Partial index of veterans from Civil War to Operation Enduring Freedom ~ Hidden Ancestors
- Home Town News - Texas Newspaper Index with links
- Newslink - Texas Newspaper List (sorted by publication frequency)
- The Olden Times - Historic Texas News Online
- Kimble County Obituaries A-B ~ USGenWeb Archives Project
- Kimble County Obituaries C-G ~ USGenWeb Archives Project
- Kimble County Obituaries H-J ~ USGenWeb Archives Project
- Kimble County Obituaries L-R ~ USGenWeb Archives Project
- Kimble County Obituaries S-Z ~ USGenWeb Archives Project
- Obituary Resources ~ Links to research and locate obituaries ~ Hidden Ancestors
- USGenWeb Archives Obituary Project ~ Texas
- Afrigeneas ~ African American death notices, obituaries and funeral programs compiled by users from current newspapers and historical sources
- Obituary Depot ~ Texas Newspaper Citations
- Obituary Project ~ Hidden Ancestors
- Obituary Daily Times ~ Citations to over 15,000,000 obituaries including interactive search function
- Search Tax, Criminal, Land and Wills Records ~ Ancestry.com (subscription)
- Texas Death Index 1964 to 1998 [no images] Name index to Texas Statewide Death Certificates or four million people who have died since 1964.
- Texas Death Records 1890 – 1976 [with images]
Name index and images of statewide death certificates, 1890-1976. The name index has been created by FamilySearch and is tied to images of the Texas death certificates. Few certificates are available prior to 1903.
- Texas Marriage Records 1966 - 2005 ~ Hidden Ancestors
- Texas Divorce Records 1968 - 2005 ~ Hidden Ancestors
- USGenWeb Census Project ~ Texas 1850 - 1930
Societies and Libraries
Kimble County Library
208 N 10th St
Junction, TX 76849
Phone: (325) 446-2342
Society Hill ~ Links and addresses to Texas genealogical and historical societies
Family History Centers
- Kimble County Archives ~ USGenWeb Archives Project
- Kimble County ~ TXGenWeb
- TXGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the county.
- Hidden Ancestors Information on Texas genealogy research as well as genealogy research in general.
- USGenWeb Texas Archives Vital statistics, maps, obituaries, Bible records, tombstone transcriptions and many other records.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Kimble County, Texas. Page 668 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More