Greene County, OhioEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Greene County, Ohio|
Location of Ohio in the U.S.
|Address|| Greene County Courthouse|
45 N. Detroit Street
Xenia, Ohio 45385
Greene County Website
|Beginning dates for major county records|
|*For earlier dates, try... Church | Obituaries | Cemeteries|
- Parent Counties: Formed from Hamilton and Ross Counties 24 March 1803.
- County Seat: Xenia
- Neighboring Counties: Greene County, Ohio residents may also have records in Clark (north) · Clinton and Warren (south) · Madison (northeast) · Fayette (east) · Montgomery (west)
See an interactive map of Greene County boundary changes.
Business Records and Commerce
Online Woodland Cemetery, Dayton, Green, Ohio Records
Emigration and Immigration
Ethnic, Political, or Religious Groups
Miami Valley Genealogy Index is an Index to more than a half million pointers to records all over Miami Valley including Greene County.
Land and Property
Naturalization and Citizenship
Greene County Courthouse
45 N Detroit Street
Xenia, OH 45385
Probate Judge has birth records 1869-1908,
marriage and probate records from 1803;
Clerk Court has divorce and court records
from 1802; County Recorder has land records
from 1803; County Auditor has tax records
from 1803; County Health Department has birth
records from 1908
Family History Centers
- Ohio Deaths, 1908-1953 Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch. Records include such information as birth date of deceased, city, county, and state of death, name of spouse if married, names of parents, maiden name of mother, name of informant, if deceased was single, married, windowed or divorced, occupation of deceased.
- Vital Records prior to 1909 are located at the Greene County Records Center and Archives.
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), [FHL book 973 D27e 2002].
- ↑ Wikipedia contributors, "Greene County, Ohio" in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greene_County,_Ohio (accessed 10 May 2012).
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More