Georgia (state)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
- This article is about the southern U.S. state. For the Eurasian country, see Georgia (country).
|Welcome to Georgia, The Peach State|
Did You Know?
- Civil War soldiers from Georgia served in both the Union and the Confederate Armies. Indexes and the compiled military service records are available at the Family History Library and the National Archives.
- The Georgia Department of Archives and History has many volumes of Bible records that have been collected by the Daughters of the American Revolution.
- Georgia Blacksheep Ancestors has many indexes to help you locate infamous Georgia ancestors.
There are 159 counties in Georgia:
- Find which county a town is in, what town a cemetery is in, even where a postoffice or building is by using the United States Geographical Survey's Geographical Names Information System.
- David Rumsey Map Collection is a large online collection of rare, old, antique historical atlases, globes, maps, charts plus other cartographic treasures.
- The Georgia GenWeb Project has a wealth of information and is a part of the larger USGenWeb Project. The USGenWeb Project provides internet information on every county in every state in the United States.
Things You Can Do
In order to make this wiki a better research tool, we need your help! Many tasks need to be done. You can help by: