Franklin County, North CarolinaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This North Carolina-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
|Franklin County, North Carolina|
Location in the state of North Carolina
Location of North Carolina in the U.S.
|Founded||April 14, 1778|
Franklin County was created from Bute County when that county was divided to form Franklin and Warren counties. IT became a state organized in December, 1784, in what had been the western territory of North Carolina, later admitted to the Union in 1796 when the state of Tennessee was formed from it.
1778--Franklin County was created 14 April 1778 from Bute County. Bute County was abolished in 1779.
County seat: Louisburg 
- Louisburg College: 1923-1997
Societies and Libraries
- USGenWeb Project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Franklin County NCGenWeb
- Franklin County USGenWeb Archives
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).