FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProject Wiki Design PagesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 22:28, 22 June 2012 by WikiSupport
- Get started in doing genealogy research (Another version) - new genealogists - how to get started. Could include some about using the wiki as a beginner.
- Locating information about someone - success stories. Step by step how to get a good result on finding more information about an ancestor(s). Not for complete beginners - they at least have a name and a little info. (Example 1 | Example 2 | Example 3)
- Learn how to use the wiki for research (Another version) (Example 3) (for researchers with a little more experience) - more generic - explaining how the wiki works as a tool for research - use “what links here,” page navigation, features such as watching, topics, etc.
- Want more information about a specific locality/topic - how the place pages work in the wiki
- Organize my genealogy information - organization methods, software programs
- Connect with others - get or give individual help through FHCs, societies, forums, the Facebook pages, etc.
- Frequently asked Questions
What's the best way to convert a researcher to a contributor? Who should we be looking at?
- Maybe we should be asking specific individuals with specific knowledge to help
- Add something you know to the wiki (getting started steps) - Just get people into their first 3-5 edits to the wiki, what do you need to know to get started? https://vineyard.lds.org/Home/Activity/33
- Find ways you can help (things to do)
- Good example on WikiHow
- Specific ideas (beginning/intermediate/advanced?)
- Edit an article
- Request an article
- Proofread articles
- Add images to articles
- Become a moderator
- Support & patrolling
- Understand how the wiki is organized (for contributors with a little more experience)
- Connect with others - already exists
- Find Contributor Help articles - already exists
- Training others to use the wiki and/or contribute to it - This is the landing page for “Wiki Trainers” and others like them - "train the trainer"
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More