FamilySearch Wiki:Technical Meeting Agenda 21 June 2011Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
http://meetingplace.ldschurch.org, ID is 7780
Purpose of the meeting
- To forge solutions with other community contributors.
- To discuss technical issues, workarounds, community, site design, and strategy.
Add your recognition items below
News items can now be found on the Community News page in the Wiki.
Technical Issues & Workarounds
- The Technical Meeting page has links that lead to nonfunctional places. Techinical Meeting links to listen to the recording that goes to abode which does not function and the Meeting Place for last week is empty.Sandralpond 14:45, 20 June 2011 (UTC)
- The ongoing issue, transcriptions in PDF format and linked. Dsammy 18:18, 20 June 2011 (UTC)
- Pick and Choose Policy coverage needed Forum Dsammy 18:18, 20 June 2011 (UTC)
- Good example WAS Carroll County, Illinois Census. Aside from this, it exposed a problem - longer urls for FamilySearch censuses, same IDs within longer urls. Is it possible to have census template to shorten the urls to make it easier to do global change whenever the databases are moved again. I believe Ancestry's unique database IDs will work in its favor for all their subjects for template, too Dsammy 18:49, 20 June 2011 (UTC)
- Length of Infobox for USA's counties: Illinois posed a problem prompted me to make call to circuit court clerk's office in Illinois. Got interesting answers to my few questions. County Clerks don't do what we normally associate it with. County handle BMD, tax, voting registers while Circuit Court handle all probate records going back to earliest days in their counties. Thread in forum on proposed page layout. Dsammy 19:09, 21 June 2011 (UTC)
Be bold! Post your agenda items!
| Feel free to post on the agenda any items you wish to cover during the meeting. If your item requires details or feedback, post some details on the discussion page and link to the discussion from the agenda.