FamilySearch Wiki:Contributors Meeting 28 February 2013Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
MeetingPlace ID: 7770; Join the meeting; Dial-in number: 877-453-7266 1 p.m. Mountain time on Thursdays
- You can join up to 10 minutes early. If you try to join the meeting at any other time, you will get an error that the meeting doesn't exist.
- Prior to joining the meeting for the first time, run the MeetingPlace Test to verify that you can participate in a web meeting.
Introduce new members
Kudos go to ...
Lee Drew and Steve Cottrell for all their contributions
Updates and follow up
- Volunteer program - we have had 9 volunteers so far. They will be working with family history library consultants for the areas of their interest and we will give them any help they need for editing in the wiki.
- Follow up on removing News box from locality pages - reports will be given next Thurs.
- New FS.org main page - there have been comments that people don't like the revolving subject area and people are not happy with not being able to access the Wiki from there easily. All of the Learn resources need to be more visible.
- Colors are bad for color blind people
- New things will be announced at RootsTech, but new programs will probably not be ready - target date is April 15th
- Online Collection badges - change to (state or country) Online genealogy collections (change testing of digital vs. online and collections vs records) This change could help with the SEO and help people realize what this resource is. We need to know what is most searched on.The change will be made to "Online Genealogy Records". Report any comments on this change.
Community Council Report
- Family History catalog is supposed to be included in Worldcat. It could be some time before the whole process is done. Links to the catalog are being left off historical records pages, to avoid confusion.
New Agenda Items
- Welcome message on Talk pages for new users - this task will be transitioned to others. Would this be the time to look at changing that message? Segment into boxes that would be of interest See Wikipedia
- Use the message to introduce them to their Talk page and how to use, with instructions for creating user page. Make it welcoming but not overwhelming
- Volunteers to help craft a new message: Steve
- Featured Articles - issue with message when asking for permission to use the page as a featured article. It denotes ownership, which is not a wiki option. We don't "own" pages. Janell will talk to them about changing that verbage.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More