FamilySearch Wiki:Contributors Meeting 13 December 2012Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
MeetingPlace ID: 7770; Join the meeting; Dial-in number: 877-453-7266 1 p.m. Mountain time on Thursdays
- You can join up to 10 minutes early. If you try to join the meeting at any other time, you will get an error that the meeting doesn't exist.
- Prior to joining the meeting for the first time, run the MeetingPlace Test to verify that you can participate in a web meeting.
Introduce new members
Kudos go to ...
Updates and follow up
- Thoughts on the Suffolk Gazeteers page - It might be good to move the box at the bottom of the page, to the Talk page. It was also suggested that the England Projects page could have the instruction from that box on its page. Also, our Community Council could discuss it with the FHL Community Council to get a consensus of opinion so that the pages could be uniform.
- We should add issues to the Community Council page, so that the Council will know what needs to be addressed.
- Update on discussion from last week regarding better information on projects in the Wiki - Lynda is creating a spreadsheet of all projects she can find with leaders, status, etc. Jane will create a page to hold everything after checking to see what is already created. The current Projects page lacks project leader information and status.
- Lynda will also start contacting project leaders to get a status on their projects.
- Also, we are looking at a way to archive completed projects or make it more apparent that they are completed when people are searching for projects. Template? Category to show that some of the smaller projects are projects to avoid duplication
- Utah Wikiproject Beginners Corner - *Graphics capture beginners - so not just words to link to beginners corner AdkinsWH 16:53, 12 December 2012 (UTC) - A meeting will be held to coordinate Jana's work and the ideas being pursued by the group working on the state page design, after the holidays.
Community Council Report
- Images with living people (full front) in them - there is a suggestion of loosening up that requirement, so consideration is being made to admit that type of image if written permission has been given by the people in the images.
- Check Wikipedia Image template - Add comments to the Talk page - Images of persons - proposed change of policy
New Agenda Items
- Google Communities and Hangouts - Lee Drew
- "Digital Collections" will probably be changed to "Online Collections" - David Dilts
- Feedback received has indicated that "online collections" is a a better description and more understandable by beginners.
- FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProjects Seeking Contributors - FHL plans to keep this page more up-to-date to help you see various projects in progress. Anyone can add to this page. - David Dilts
- Ohio Project update - Lisa - will be up and running by early Spring
- FHL people are looking at projects for various regions of US
- Delete template for images - check out the Talk page for details
- It would be good to have FHL representatives from the international team and their council at this meeting. Ask Janell how we could accomplish that.
Forums will be closed on Dec. 31st. A replacement for it is being discussed. There is a concern about the reference to Forums on the pass-along cards, and Google does find the Forums. Site-wide announcement on Wiki? We will check with Janell.
- Be part of the solution! Make your opinions known! Post comments to an existing thread or start a new discussion at Wiki Contributors Corner forum.
| Current forum threads of interest:
New since last week
Comments added since last week
Decisions made since last week
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More