FamilySearch Wiki:Contributors Meeting 10 Jan 2012Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
MeetingPlace ID: 7770; Join the meeting; Dial-in number: 877-453-7266 1 p.m. Mountain time on Tuesdays
- You can join up to 10 minutes early. If you try to join the meeting at any other time, you will get an error that the meeting doesn't exist.
- Prior to joining the meeting for the first time, run the MeetingPlace Test to verify that you can participate in a web meeting.
Introduce new members
Kudos go to ...
- Jane working on FHC pages - see San Diego!
- Lise - is going to be presenting at the FGS Radio show this Saturday
- Showing them the Mentoring page
- Introducing them to the contributor meeting
- James is going to be presenting at multiple conferences and expos
- UGA - 3rd Thursday meeting on the 19th will be about the Wiki
Updates and follow up
- Business Card - Carol and Darris
- Lise was having a problem with emails in the "Share" feature and that is on the list of things to be fixed. There is a Jira for it 1252
- Report from Nathan - Brainstorm ideas for a Widget/Button/Badge for libraries, societies, organizations to include on their pages that identifes them as being mentioned/featured in the FamilySearch wiki. See Maureen Taylor's blog for a Wikipedia example. Thanks to Fran Jensen for pointing this out.
- Live chat schedule:
- Monday 8-5
- Survey results being addressed by Support missionaries - Lynda
Style Guide Discussions
Project Help Requests
- Need help with your project? See a project that needs to be done? Add it here:
Improve the Wiki
- When giving presentations, what are the two things that we want people to come away with? (brainstorm)
- How to find the wiki
- Excited about using it
- It's for everyone - all levels
- It tells you what's available in the area you're researching
- We're here to help researchers find their ancestors.
- We welcome contributions large and small, and we'll help you learn how to do it.
Moderators and Adopters
- Be part of the solution! Make your opinions known! Post comments to an existing thread or start a new discussion at Wiki Contributors Corner forum.
| Current forum threads of interest:
New since last week
Comments added since last week
Decisions made since last week
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More