Eureka County, NevadaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Nevada-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
Eureka County Courthouse
701 S Main Street PO Box 677
Eureka, NV 89316-0677
County Recorder has birth, marriage, death, burial and land records.
County Clerk has divorce, probate and court records from 1874. 
Early migration routes to and from Eureka County, Nevada for emigrant settlers included:
- California Trail 1846 to 1869 from western Missouri to northern California
- Central Pacific Railroad since 1869 from Ogden, Utah to Sacramento, California
- Central Overland Trail 1859-1869 from Salt Lake City, Utah to Carson City, Nevada through central Nevada on a route south of the Humboldt River]
1,031 marriages from 22 Feb 1870 to 8 Feb 1936 are listed on the Western States Marriage Index.
Societies and Libraries
Eureka County Historical Society
31 S Main St. St 1
P. O. Box 283
Eureka, Nevada 89316
Phone: (775) 237-6006
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Eureka County, Oregon page 442, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ National Park Service, "California Trail" (map) in California National Historic Trail at http://www.nps.gov/cali/planyourvisit/upload/CALImap1-web.pdf (accessed 2 August 2011).
- ↑ Wikipedia contributors, "First Transcontinental Railroad" in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Transcontinental_Railroad (accessed 2 August 2011).
- ↑ Wikipedia contributors, "Central Overland Route" in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_Overland_Route (accessed 4 August 2011).