England, Norfolk, Church of England Bishops’ Transcripts (FamilySearch Historical Records)/Known IssuesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
| This page was created by FamilySearch Historical Records personnel. It details problems identified within this collection and answers to those problems.
If you wish to comment, please visit the discussion page to post your comments.
Question #1: Although the collection framework organizes Norfolk County records first by Archdeaconry and then by Year, some Year collections include records for several different years. How can I find the correct set of records?
Answer #1: Original parish records should be searched when available.
The original record pages as they are shown in this collection, may be out of sequence. The following are some examples:
- In the Archdeaconry of Norfolk record collection for Year 1856, Parish Range T-Y; many records between Images 70 and 201 are for years 1853, 1854, 1855, or 1857.
- Archdeaconry of Norfolk Thurlton Parish records with dates ranging from 1838-1842 are included in the Year 1842 collection; and those records are missing from Thurlton records in the collections for Years 1838, 1839, 1840, and 1841.
- In the Archdeaconry of Norfolk Year 1842 collection, Thurlton Parish records that appear in Images 32, 33, and 34 include Register pages 41, 44, 45, 42, 43, and 22 - in that order.
When searching this Bishop’s Transcripts collection, if a record cannot be found in the Year and record sequence expected, the search should be broadened as indicated above.
Question #2: Are the years correct for the browse waypoint: Norfolk>Archdeaconry of Norwich>1806-1807>A-Y> Image 1-9?
Answer #2: No. The images at this browse point are from the years 1810 and 1812. Images 1-7 are 1810 and 8-9 are 1812.
If you encounter additional problems with this collection, feel free to report them at email@example.com. Please include the following information:
- If browsing this collection: please include the full path you followed to where the problem occurred. The browse path is located above the Image viewer window.
For example: England, Norfolk Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941> Norfolk > Archdeaconry of Norwich > 1825 > D-K > Image 177 of 285
- If you are reporting a technical issue, please include your operating system and browser version, such as Windows XP and Internet Explorer.
Your assistance will help ensure that future revisions will be considered.
Return to the England, Norfolk, Church of England Bishops’ Transcripts (FamilySearch Historical Records) Learn More page.
Return to the England, Norfolk Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941 collection at FamilySearch.org.