Davidson County, North CarolinaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Davidson County, North Carolina|
Location in the state of North Carolina
Location of North Carolina in the U.S.
Davidson County Courthouse
P O Box 464
Lexington, NC 27293
Register of Deeds has birth, marriage, death and burial
land records from 1823
Clerk Superio Court has divorce
probate and court records from 1823
1866--Courthouse fire may have destroyed some records.
Spring Hill Cemetery, Nashville BillionGraves
For tips on accessing Davidson County, North Carolina census records online, see: North Carolina Census.
- Pilgrim Church, near Lexington, N.C. Established about 1757.
Civil War Confederate units - Brief history, counties where recruited, etc.
- 1823-1963 - Will Books (1823-1963) have been digitized by FamilySearch - free.
A wiki article describing an online collection is found at:
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Davidson County, NCGenWeb - free genealogy resources; part of the national USGenWeb Project
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Davidson County, North Carolina. Page 508 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ "Pilgrim Church," North Carolina Highway Historical Marker Program, http://www.ncmarkers.com, accessed 22 October 2012.