Community Meeting Agenda 14 July 2009Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Be bold! Post your agenda items!
Feel free to post on the agenda any items you wish to cover during the meeting. If your item requires details or feedback, post some details on the discussion page and link to the discussion from the agenda.
- Assignment of time keeper and note taker
- Introduction of new members: 10 seconds for name and desired takeaways.
- Review of Minutes
- Today's agenda preview
- Community consensus on the Unportal page - should we dissolve the templated portal pages and use a non-templated and non-namespaced portal page?
- Some users are finding it confusing to have the keywords used in a search to appear in bold red in Search Results because red is also the color of links to stubs. Some users are not clicking on top Search Results because they think the red text means the article listed is a stub and therefore not information-rich. If we changed the color of keywords in search results, what color should that be? FYI, we checked Wikipedia and Google: They both use bold black. Ritcheymt 15:53, 13 July 2009 (UTC)
- Spammer attack last night dsammy 20:24, 14 July 2009 (UTC)
Carryover from Last Week
- If someone needs to use a state page for training purposes, use Portal:Idaho as a sample page for training.
- New York Unportal page is hidden behind "Edit" in no-portal namespace and there is a coding problem. dsammy 20:23, 14 July 2009 (UTC)
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More