Clallam County, WashingtonEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 00:24, 15 March 2013 by Jnsouth
|Clallam County, Washington|
Location in the state of Washington
Location of Washington in the U.S.
|Founded||April 26, 1854|
|County Seat||Port Angeles|
|Address|| Clallam County Courthouse|
223 E 4th Street PO Box 863
Port Angeles, WA 98362-3025
Clallam County Website
- Originally spelled Clalm. Named for the lands of the Klallam (Makah and Quileute tribes.)
- The county contains the Olympia peninsula, home of the Olympic National Park, the northwest's Rain Forest.
- The permament settlement by the non-Indians occurred after 1850.
- Port Angeles has been the county seat since 1890 when it was incorporated as a city.
- Additional history of Clallam County at Washington's HistoryLink.org
- 29 January 1868, Quillehute County was created, but it was reverted back to Clallam and Jefferson counties in 1870. Records in both counties.
Places / Localities
- 1890 Veterans
- Washington Death Certificates 1907-1960 A free internet index to the 1907-1960 death certificates can be found at FamilySearch Record Search, no images are available. A transcribed death certificate may contain such information as name of the deceased, date and place of death, age, gender, birth date and birth place, mother’s maiden name and name of spouse, place of residence, occupation and certificate numbers.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Introduction to LDS Family History Centers
- Forks Washington Family History Center
- Port Angeles Washington Family History Center
- The Clallam County WAGenWeb Project, a member of The WAGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Clallam County.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Clallam County. (Mirror site)
- FamilySearch.org Family History Library Catalog for Clallam County.
- Clallam County, Washington Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Clallam County, Washington page 732, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
|This Washington-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More