From FamilySearch Wiki
United States Washington Clallam County
Clallam County Courthouse
223 E 4th Street PO Box 863
Port Angeles, WA 98362-3025
County Auditor has marriage and land records.
County Clerk has probate records. 
- Originally spelled Clalm. Named for the lands of the Klallam (Makah and Quileute tribes.)
- The county contains the Olympia peninsula, home of the Olympic National Park, the northwest's Rain Forest.
- The permament settlement by the non-Indians occurred after 1850.
- Port Angeles has been the county seat since 1890 when it was incorporated as a city.
- Additional history of Clallam County at Washington's HistoryLink.org
1854--Clallam County was created 26 April 1854 from Jefferson County. County seat: Port Angeles 
- 29 January 1868, Quillehute County was created, but it was reverted back to Clallam and Jefferson counties in 1870. Records in both counties.
Places / Localities
- Bell Hill
- Clallam Bay
- Diamond Point
- La Push
- Neah Bay
- Port Angeles East
- River Road
- Schoolhouse Point
- 1890 Veterans
- Washington Death Certificates 1907-1960 A free internet index to the 1907-1960 death certificates can be found at FamilySearch Record Search, no images are available. A transcribed death certificate may contain such information as name of the deceased, date and place of death, age, gender, birth date and birth place, mother’s maiden name and name of spouse, place of residence, occupation and certificate numbers.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Clallam County, Washington page 732, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).