Brigham City Utah Family History Center/Classes
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Line 37:||Line 37:|
==== Staff Training Meeting ====
==== Staff Training Meeting ====
Thursday, 19 at 7:00 pm
Revision as of 03:18, 24 January 2012
Family History Center
|531 N 100 W|
Brigham City, Utah
|Mon: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm|
Tue-Thurs: 9:00 am – 8 pm
Fri: 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
Calendar and Events
All classes are held in the Book Room of the Family History Center and will be limited to 12 patrons. Because of the smaller class size, advance registration is needed. Please register in advance by calling the Brigham City Family History Center at 723-5995.
Occasionally classes will be held in the Relief Society Room which will accommodate larger groups. Advance registration is not needed for any classes held in the Relief Society Room.
If there are not enough patrons signed up for a particular class, the class will be canceled. Some classes may be repeated at a later time if there is enough interest.
A class title in blue indicates there is a handout available. Click on the blue title to view the handout.
- Monday, January 9 at 10:00 am - Entering Sources in Ancestral Quest, taught by Vern Backman
- Thursday, January 12 at 2:00 pm - Introduction to Indexing, taught by Roger Hendrickson
- Tuesday, January 17 at 2:00 pm - Finding English Records in “The Genealogist” (a pay website which is free at the Family History Center), taught by Ann Jones
- Friday, January 20 at 2:00 pm - Using RootsMagic with new FamilySearch, taught by Lynn Collings
- Saturday, January 21 at 10:00 am – How to Do Scandinavian Research, taught by Anita Olsen
- Tuesday, January 24 at 7:00 pm – Using Legacy with new FamilySearch, taught by Hal Reeder
- Wednesday, January 25 at 10:00 am – Researching in Canadian Censuses, taught by Claudette Hall
- Thursday, January 26 at 6:00 pm – Entering Sources in RootsMagic, taught by Anita Olsen
- Thursday, January 26 at 7:00 pm – Entering Sources in Legacy, taught by Anita Olsen
- Wednesday, February 1 at 10:00 am - Share Your Ancestor's Life with a Google Earth Tour, taught by Sheri Lynn Lemon. Class will be held in the Relief Society Room. No advance registration required.
- Tuesday, February 7 at 10:00 am - Swedish Research in ArkivDigital Online (a pay website which is free at the Family History Center) taught by Anita Olsen
- Thursday, February 9 at 7:00 pm - Introduction to Indexing taught by Roger Hendrickson
- Monday, February 13 at 10:00 am - Using Legacy with new FamilySearch taught by Shari Duce
- Thursday, February 16 at 7:00 pm - Introduction to Mocavo, a Genealogical Search Engine taught by Joseph Worrell
- Tuesday, February 21 at 7:00 pm - Introduction to Ancestry.com (a pay website which is free at the Family History Center) taught by Jolene Patrick
- Wednesday, February 22 at 10:00 am - Entering Sources in RootsMagic taught by Vicki Rasmussen
- Thursday, February 23 at 7:00 pm - Scandinavian Christenings Workshop taught by Anita Olsen
- Monday, February 27 at 10:00 at - Using Ancestral Quest with new FamilySearch taught be Vern Backman
Staff Training Meeting
Thursday, April 19 at 7:00 pm
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More