Barbados For Further ReadingEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 05:05, 23 September 2012 by Murphynw
Barbados For Further Reading
- Chandler, M.J. A Guide to Records in Barbados. Oxford: Blackwell, 1965. FHL INTL Book 972.981 A3ch.
- Digital Library of the Caribbean (DLOC) by the University of Florida. Includes digitised Barbados histories, maps, newspaper clippings, etc.
- Grannum, Guy. Tracing Your West Indian Ancestors: A Public Record Office Readers' Guide. 2nd ed. Richmond, Surrey, Eng.: Public Record Office, 2002. FHL INTL Book 942 D27gg 2002. Information about tracing West Indian (including Barbados) ancestors in the English National Archives.
- Handler, Jerome S. A Guide to Source Materials for the Study of Barbados History, 1627-1834. Carbondale, Ill.: Southern Illinois University Press, 1971. FHL INTL Book 972.981 H23h.
- Lane, Geraldine. Tracing Ancestors in Barbados: A Practical Guide. Baltimore, Md.: Genealogical Pub. Co., 2006. FHL Book 972.981 D27L.
- Mitchell's West Indian Bibliography: Caribbean Books and Pamphlets, From 1492 to the Present. Free online resource.
- Radford, Dwight A. and Arden C. White. "The Irish in Barbados," The Irish at Home and Abroad: A Newsletter of Irish Genealogy and Heritage, Vol. 2, No. 3 (1994/1995):92-97. FHL INTL Book 941.5 D25ih v. 2 (1994/1995).
- Society of Genealogists - Overseas Resources: West Indies, online bibliography.
- Titford, John. My Ancestor Settled in the British West Indies. London: Society of Genealogists, 2011. FHL INTL Book 972 D27t.