Ashland County, OhioEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
- This article is about the north central Ohio county. For other uses, see Ashland.
Ashland County, Ohio Map
Location of Ohio in the U.S.
Courthouse Address Ashland County Courthouse
110 W. 2nd St.
Ashland, Ohio 44805-2101
Ashland County Website
Beginning dates for major county records Birth Marriage Death Tax Land Probate 1867 1846* 1846 1846 *For earlier dates, try... Church | Obituaries | Cemeteries
- Parent Counties: Formed from Huron, Lorain, Richland and Wayne Counties 24 February 1846.
- County Seat: Ashland
- Neighboring Counties: Ashland County, Ohio residents may also have records in 
Knox (south) · Wayne (east) · Medina (northeast) · Holmes (southeast) · Richland (west)
See an interactive map of Ashland County boundary changes.
Business Records and Commerce
LDS Cemetery Records
Vol. 1 page 97 - Cemetery on Highway 224 near Sullivan
Historical populations Census 1850 23,813 — 1860 22,951 −3.6% 1870 21,933 −4.4% 1880 23,883 8.9% 1890 22,223 −7.0% 1900 21,184 −4.7% 1910 22,975 8.5% 1920 24,627 7.2% 1930 26,867 9.1% 1940 29,785 10.9% 1950 33,040 10.9% 1960 38,771 17.3% 1970 43,303 11.7% 1980 46,178 6.6% 1990 47,507 2.9% 2000 52,523 10.6%
Emigration and Immigration
Ethnic, Political, or Religious Groups
Fry Family of Ashland County, Ohio
Land and Property
- Civil War
Civil War service men from Ashland County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Ashland County.
Naturalization and Citizenship
Ashland County Courthouse
110 W 2nd Street
Ashland, OH 44805
- Clerk of the Courts has divorces and court records.
- Probate Court has marriages and probate records.
- County Recorder has land records.
Family History Centers
- Ashland University Library
401 College Ave
Ashland, OH 44805
- Ohio Deaths, 1908-1953 Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch. Records include such information as birth date of deceased, city, county, and state of death, name of spouse if married, names of parents, maiden name of mother, name of informant, if deceased was single, married, windowed or divorced, occupation of deceased.
Places / Localities
- Bailey Lakes
- Clear Creek
- Five Points
- Lake Fork
- Paradise Hill
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), 540, Ashland County, Ohio. At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ Wikipedia contributors, "Ashland County, Ohio" in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashland_County,_Ohio (accessed 10 May 2012).
This Ohio-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.