Amador County, CaliforniaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
1862: Courthouse burned and many records were damaged.
For further information on researching in burned counties, see the following:
Archives and Libraries
US Vol. 21 page 1 - a cemetery located in the county
= Church History and Records
LDS Ward and Branch Records
Land and Property
For historical maps, search the following free sites:
• Maps-Historical-Sate of California, the Carlifornia government's site. Links to American Memory (Library of Congress), California Missions, and the State Library
• California Maps - HSU Library, also lists and links to gazetteers
For topographical maps of California mountains, rivers, etc., try the sites listed at USGS Topographic Maps of California.
Military History and Records
For marriages from 1854-1885 see the Western States Marriage Index.
Societies, Libraries and Museums
- Amador County CAGenWeb Project
- USGenWeb Archives
- USGenWeb Archives backup site
- FamilySearch Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More