Wyoming County, West VirginiaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Wyoming County West Virginia genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
- This article is about the county in the southern West Virginia. For other uses, see Wyoming (disambiguation).
|Wyoming County, West Virginia|
Location in the state of West Virginia
Location of West Virginia in the U.S.
|Founded||January 26, 1850|
|Address|| Wyoming County Courthouse|
Pineville, WV 24874
Phone: 304 732-8000
Wyoming County Website
County Clerk has birth, marriage, death from 1853
Probate and Land from 1853
Bond books and court order books from 1850
Clerk Circuit Court Divorce and Court Records
Wyoming County West Virginia History
Wyoming County West VirginiaHistory rootsweb
See an interactive map of Wyoming County boundary changes.
Places / Localities
Wyoming CountyCities & Towns
Wyoming County, West Virginia Cemeteries
Wyoming County, West Virginia Tombstone Transcription Project
Wyoming County, West Virginia Find a Grave
For tips on accessing Wyoming County, West Virginia census records online, see: West Virginia Census.
West Virginia Court Orders
- [Cooke] "John Cooke First Settler of Wyoming County," Virginia Genealogical Society Quarterly, Vol. 2, No. 3 (Jul. 1964):44-45. Digital version at Ancestry ($).
- Reference Book of Wyoming County by Mary Keller Bowman
Logan County Recreated (includes 1850 Wyoming County, Virginia Census) & more
Wyoming County, West Virginia Map
Trails Rus - Wyoming County, West Virginia
Regiments. Service men in Wyoming County, West Virginia served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Wyoming County, West Virginia:
- - 1st Regiment, Virginia State Line (Cavalry) (Confederate). Company H.
- - 2nd Regiment, Virginia State Line (Cavalry) (Confederate). Company G.
- - 22nd Regiment, Virginia Infantry (1st Kanawha Regiment). Company H (Wyoming Riflemen).
- - 34th Battalion, Virginia Cavalry (Witcher's Battalion, Virginia Mounted Rifles) (Confederate). Company K.
- - 45th Battalion, Virginia Infantry (Confederate). Companies B, C, and D.
Records and histories are available, including:
- West Virginia, Civil War Service Records of Union Soldiers, 1861-1865
- Turner, Ronald Ray. 7th West Virginia Cavalry. Manassas, Va.: R.R. Turner, 1989. Available online, courtesy: Raleigh County West Virginia GenWeb. [Includes biographical sketches of soldiers from Wyoming County.]
West Virgina, Naturalization Records, 1814-1991
Wyoming County, West Virginia Will Books 1850 - 1967
West Virginia Will Books
- "A Guide to the Counties of Virginia: Wyoming County," The Virginia Genealogist, Vol. 24, No. 4 (Oct.-Dec. 1976):300-301. Available at FHL; digital version at American Ancestors ($).
Online West Virginia Tax site
West Virginia real and personal property tax records are managed by the County Assessor in each county. Land and land improvements are considered real property while mobile property is classified as personal property.
Many County Assessors offer an online searchable database, where assessment record searches can be performed by name, account number, year, or mp/parcel number. Where online records are not available, requests for records can be made to the Assessment Office in person, by phone, or in writing.
The search for tax information can start here
- West Virginia Vital Records - Birth - Death - Marriages. Includes marriages 1850-1851, 1854-1968 - free.
- Wyoming County, West Virginia Birth Records
- Wyoming County, West Virginia Marriage Records
- Wyoming County, West Virginia Death Records
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Wyoming County Genealogical Society;P O Box 1456, Pineville, WV 24874
- Family History Library Catalog
- CYNDI'S List West Virginia
- Learning How to Edit our Wiki Sites
- Wyoming County, West Virginia VariousMicrofilm Records at the Library of Virginia
- Wyoming County, WV Courthouse and Genealogical Society
- Wyoming County, WV Places
- Wyoming County, WV Web Sites
- Wyoming County, WV 1850 Census in Logan County, Virginia Recreated
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Wyoming County, West Virginia. Page 746 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ Terry D. Lowry, 22nd Virginia Infantry (Lynchburg, Va.: H.E. Howard, 1988). FHL Book 975.5 M2vr v. 44.
- ↑ Scott C. Cole, 34th Virginia Cavalry (Lynchburg, Va.: H.E. Howard, 1993). FHL Book 975.5 M2vr v. 94.
- ↑ Jeffrey C. Weaver, 45th Battalion Virginia Infantry, Smith and Count's Battalions of Partisan Rangers (Lynchburg, Va.: H.E. Howard, 1994). FHL Book 975.5 M2vr v. 102.
- ↑ Ronald R. Turner, 7th West Virginia Cavalry (Manassas, Va.: R.R. Turner, 1989). Digital version at Raleigh County West Virginia GenWeb; FHL Book 975.4 M2t.
|This West Virginia-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
- This page was last modified on 11 April 2013, at 01:30.
- This page has been accessed 2,334 times.