Wiltshire Church RecordsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Wiltshire Online Parish Clerks
- The county of Wiltshire is divided into many parishes with some containing more than one church.
- The term parish is used to describe both a Civil Parish and an Ecclesiastical parish, however these don't necesarily have the same boundaries.
- Our aim is to eventually have an OPC for each Parish.
- Some OPCs take on a few parishes as their own ancestry is spread across them.
- Most of the records have been transcribed by only one person and there may be transcription errors.
- Use these records as a starting point and always check with an original source for confirmation.
Wiltshire Family History Society Products
Wiltshire county-wide indexes of most nonconformist marriages from 1837-1933 have been compiled by the Wiltshire Family History Society, and these are available for sale on CD-ROM, with over 20,000 marriages from nonconfomrist chapels and registrar offices throughout the county!
- This page was last modified on 4 April 2013, at 17:43.
- This page has been accessed 258 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More