What will I find in probate records?Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
You may find the following information in probate records:
- Person's exact death date
- Names of the family members
- Family relationships
- Names of spouses of children
- Adoption or guardianship of minor children or dependents
- Worth of the property and land holdings
- Evidence of occupation, religion, or military service
Szucs, Loretto Dennis and Sandra Hargreaves Luebking. The Source A Guidebook to American Genealogy. Provo, Utah: Ancestry, 2006. FHL Collection
- This page was last modified on 16 March 2011, at 17:49.
- This page has been accessed 822 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More