Ward County, North DakotaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Ward County, North Dakota genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
|Ward County, North Dakota|
Location in the state of North Dakota
Location of North Dakota in the U.S.
|Founded||April 14, 1885|
|Address|| Ward County Courthouse|
315 3rd St SE
Minot, ND 58701-6498
Ward County Website
Clerk District Court has birth, death, burial and divorce records
from 1900; County Judge has marriage and probate records;
Register of Deeds has land records
Vital Records consist of births, adoptions, marriages, divorces, and deaths recorded on registers, certificates, and documents. A copy or an extract of most original records can be purchased from the North Dakota Vital Records State Department of Health or the County Clerk's office of the county where the event occurred.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Ward County, North Dakota Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Ward County, North Dakota. Page 527 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- This page was last modified on 16 May 2013, at 18:15.
- This page has been accessed 1,524 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More