User:Wyzer17/Sandbox 3Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Meeting: March 7, 2012
Attending: Wilma Adkins, Darlene Hagberg, Patsy Hendrickson,
James Tanner, Liz Snow, Lois, Jana Stokes, Patricia hardesty, Joy bogar
- Liz Snow for adding tables to all 29-counties of Utah - Thank you!
- Kyle for updating dates in counties Morgan through Summit. Thank You!
- James Tanner for your 100% improvement-compliment to the Utah committee, Wilma and all those who have helped with the content, the vision, and the view of Utah. Thank You!
Review of Minutes
- Mentioning events past and those coming up
- Upgrading of Wiki software - will fix many of the problems and others will come
- Put at the top of each county page the landscape photo with invitation to enter contest
- Color the camera that links to "more information" page
- Wilma and Joy will work on directional-information page for contestants
- Steve Cotrell helped to link camera icon to the above mentioned page
- Prizes - Family Search and UGA may help -- Wilma will check with UGA on Friday about this.
- Selected photo honor may enough for the prize
- Extend an invitation to high school students in all 29-counties to participate in photo contest - do this via the educational district offices throughout Utah -- WHO will do this?
Icons and Tips
- Icons will be created by an artist once the committee decides what is wanted - so copyrights are not a problem
- Tip bank in Wilma's Excel spreadsheet now - waiting to be "word-smith-ed"
- How to manage the tips, where to "bank" tips and how to collect them is a standing question
- Once we have the tips wanted, Wilma will make the tip-template
- Should we have borders or no borders for the "tip and more" area?
- Format a page ready to gather informational tips
- Tasks ready for volunteers to help update dates in the table
- Libraries listing and linking
Libraries and Newspapers
- Directional information needs to be addressed so researchers know why and what they will find in: Newspapers, Library of Congress, Museums, Wikipedia, Google, Cindy's List, Local and State Libraries - and how to best-use gathered information
- Links created in a "web-net" so researchers can easily move from one source to another
- Avoid long lists at any cost
- Addressed the need to have or create a "style-guide" for this project
- Break how-to information down in little step-by-steps
- Only mention the larger libraries with rich information - tell what you will find in each library
- Link the little libraries and ask community for additional information
- Progress reports, Libraries, Newspapers / Get tasks ready
- Move to Vital Records and Cemeteries / Get tasks ready
- Community Meeting Tuesday's at 1:00 p.m. Everyone is invited
- This page was last modified on 14 March 2012, at 15:05.
- This page has been accessed 368 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More