User:HardestyPN/Sandbox Births West VirginiaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Finding U.S. Birth Records West Virginia Birth Records
West Virginia Birth Records
Births after 1900 often have restrictions on who can see them. Each state has its own laws. One state may have births for some years available to the public while other states may limit access to living relatives.
Statewide registration of births began in 1917 in West Virginia and was generally complied with by 1925. The counties have copies of these records.
The current law for the state registration of births in West Virginia is a restriction on births to only immediate family members for births within the last 100 years. However, the counties of West Virginia also recorded birth records, and their records are online up to 1930.
When did the birth occur?
Choose one of the following:
- Born before 1863 – go to: Births before 1863
- Between 1863 to 1930 – go to: Births between 1863 to 1930
- Between 1931 to 1969 – go to: Births between 1931 to 1969
- Between 1969 to the present – go to: Births between 1969 to the present
- I don't know – go to: Estimating birth information
- This page was last modified on 31 January 2013, at 23:23.
- This page has been accessed 111 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More